Are you interested in being baptized or learning more about baptism? Please plan to attend Ren’s next baptism class onSunday, November 27th at 9:00 a.m. prior to the Sunday morning service. Adults and children are invited. Baptisms will take place following the December 4th service. If you have any questions, please email Pastor James.
- December 9th & 10th: GONE Service Event – Christmas with Dignity
- December 18th: Christmas Cafe at 9:30 am, followed by Family Worship (date changed from 12/4)
- December 24th: Christmas Eve Service @ 3:00 pm at the YMCA
- Christmas Day & New Year’s Day: No Services – Celebrate with your Family!
This year, Renaissance Bible Church is partnering with Hope Academy to make Christmas a bit brighter for those in need. Our December GONE Event will be to volunteer our time and gifts for Main Street Mission’s Christmas with Dignity. Hope Oliphant is the founder of Main Street Mission in China Grove and is also the Hope Academy Parent who is spear-heading this worthy event.
Here’s a bit about what Christmas with Dignity is all about. “CWD allows children to see their parents as providers and because of this family is strengthened. CWD also allows parents to have the opportunity to choose gifts themselves for their family members and restores a sense of dignity for the family. This approach to Christmas giving is not a handout, but a hand up.”
The Christmas with Dignity Store provides an opportunity for families who are struggling financially to purchase Christmas gifts at a significantly reduced cost. By allowing families the opportunity to purchase their children’s gifts it helps to preserve the dignity of the family. This is a special event where parents shop, children are cared for in a separate area and hot chocolate and cookies are served. There are several opportunities to serve both at the store on December 10th and the days prior, in addition to donating toys and food items.
For a more fuller description, please visit Hope Academy’s blog post: http://hopek12.com/fall-mission-christmas-with-dignity-blog/
Please make time on your family’s December calendar to help with this important mission within our community. There are two ways to help!
1. Please bring an unwrapped gift to be placed in th store for parents to purchase for their children. Bring your donation to The Village Check-In Desk on Sunday,December 27th and we will get them to Hope Oliphant. You can sign up for donations here, so that the organizers will know what to expect: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044babaa2cab9-christmas1
2. Volunteer your time! Store set-up will take place on Friday, December 9th and the store will be open for parents on Saturday, December 10th. Here is the link for available time slots. This would be a great family service opportunity! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044babaa2cab9-christmas1
If you have any questions, please shoot an email to email@example.com.
THIS SUNDAY: Renegade will have a post-Thanksgiving celebration! Well watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving & Christmas specials back-to-back and enjoy donuts and milk. It’s gonna be great!
Prayer on Sunday Mornings
You’re invited to gather with us on Sundays from 9:15-9:45 a.m. upstairs at the YMCA to pray for our church family as well as our friends & neighbors in our community. Please consider joining us!